Sami lived his early adult years in war-torn Iraq surrounded by tension and the horror of daily bombings and assassinations. The marks of these deep traumas are apparent in his paintings since he carried all of his memories and hopes with him.
Sam's present paintings have elements inspired by the shape of symbols found in our everyday life; his paintings rely on memories. He tries to record the incidents as fragments move in the paintings in many directions, giving the impression of breakage and destruction in the structure of his works. The paintings seem to collapse and their different elements seems to be disappearing at any time.
- Born in Iraq 1984.
- 2004 Diploma Institute of Fine Arts Iraq/ Baghdad.
- 2016 BA Fine Arts (Ulster University) Belfast/ United Kingdom .
- 1999 first solo exhibition, (Baghdad University)/ Iraq.
- 2005 solo exhibition, represented by Ministry of Culture Iraq (Alwasity Gallery) Iraq.
- 2006 solo exhibition, represented by Ministry of culture Iraq, (Al Khanji Gallery), Aleppo, Syria .
- 2012 solo exhibition, represented by Municipality of Norrköping city, (Dag Andersson Gallery), Norrköping, Sweden.
- 2013 solo exhibition ( JAMM ART Gallery ) Kuwait.
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
-National Museum of Iraq/ Baghdad.
- 2007-2008 " World discussion" International Biennial of Contemporary Art, San-Petersburg/ Russia.
-"Culture Week", Iraqi/French Cooperation, (Athar Gallery), sponsored by UNICCO.
- 2008 "Stockholm Autumn salon " by the Union of Artists of Immigrants in Europe / Finland.
-Group Exhibition with tow German artists, sponsored by Syrlin,International Art Gallery (Im Zentrum), Stuttgart, Germany.
-Group exhibition with one German artist (Gallery Marktgraf) sponsored by Syrilin International of Contemporary Art, Aimidinken, Germany.
- 2009 "Good Morning Paris" art fair of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
-"Autumn Salon", Paris, France.
- 2010 "Autumn Salon", Rudd Claire Gallery - London, with Union of Artists of Immigrants in Europe / Finland .
-"Anti-war exhibition " Oldenburg /Germany.
-"Summer Exhibition" (Kunstfuruom) Norrkoping/ Sweden.
-"For Sweden Now" group exhibition, Katrineholm, Cultural House, Sweden.
- 2011 Norrköping Art Museum ''Culture Night''/ Sweden.
- 2012 '' Art 4 Pease'' (Gallery CUT UP ) Germany.
- 2013 ''December Salon'' Katrineholm, Art Hall, Sweden
- 2014 ''I know what I like first exhibition'' ( Curious Duke Art Gallery ) United Kingdom.
''The winter exhbibition'' Lawrence Alkin Gallery UK.
- 1999 First Prize “Bait-AL-Arab of Arab-League” Egypt.
-First Prize “South–Sinai Association” Egypt.
- 2006 First Prize "Support women ", Ministry of culture Iraq.
- 2014 SECRET ART PRIZE ( Curious Duke Art Gallery) United Kingdom.
- 2015 Culture Award/ Östergötland Region - Sweden